Ember Volume 2, Issue 2 (Spring 2016)
Cover Art by Sean Greenberg
Illustrations by Casey Robin
One of the most exciting things about each issue is the opportunity to feature work from young writers in addition to great stories for young readers. Our Spring 2016 lineup includes six contributors aged 18 or under, designated below by the Ember quill:
- “Blackberries” by Emelie Hamrick
- “Black Tears in Heaven” by Dany G. Zuwen
- “Bury the Pages” by S. Thomas Summers
- “close to tomorrow” by Emily McCosh
- “Dealing with Dragons” by T.L. Krawec
- “The Dreamer of Saranby” by Sandi Leibowitz
- “Grandma’s Leather Sofa” by Shannon Lawrence
- “Imaginate” by Lydia Gompper
- “The Loneliness of Flying” by Stacie Bood
- “Miss Genevieve’s Finishing School” by Wendy Nikel
- “On the Wall” by Natalia Theodoridou
- “The Panoptimom” by Erica L. Satifka
- “A Portrait of a Lost Friend” by Caroline Greaney
- “The Prince in the Tower” by William Cagle
- “Recalculating” by Joanna White
- “Stockholm Syndrome” by Anne Lawrence
- “The Spider Shows You How” by Nels Hanson
- “A Tibetan Epistle” by Sreyash Sarkar
- “Vacated Plots” by Liesl Nunns
- “Wanted: A Wolf” by Julie Anna Douglas
Please Note: Collectible Hardcover copies are printed to order and may take up to six weeks for delivery from the date the order is placed.
Correction: In the first print edition of this book, the Young Writer quill for William Cagle was placed next to the page number for Nels Hanson's contribution in the Table of Contents.
In the text of each piece, the quill is placed correctly next to William Cagle's biography (and correctly omitted from Nels Hanson's).
We apologize for this error and will correct it in future printings.
Share this item: